I'm back! And pregnant! I took a little break from posting once we found out about baby because all I could think to talk about was naturally, the baby, and I couldn't think of anything else worth writing about. But now that the news is out, I can talk about baby all I want (but I'll try to keep some non-baby posts for interest as well). We suspected something was up after Thanksgiving weekend when things seemed later than usual, but Kirk made me wait a whole torturous week before taking a test! Sure enough, on December 5, 2 bold pink lines appeared on the stick! We've never been happier! We couldn't keep our mouths shut over the holidays and spilled the news to our parents, but waited until our first doctor appointment in January to tell the rest of our family and friends. Our appointment went well--baby is growing and is in the right spot which is nice. We saw it wiggling its flippers and watched its little heart beating away at 173 bpm! Amazing! Our due date is August 13 and I'm already preparing Kirk for a higher-than-normal electricity bill this summer :) This is so fun!
head is at lower right, rump to the upper left
(what else has a rump besides babies and roasts?)

No comments:
Post a Comment