12.06.2009

Lefse!




Last weekend, my husband asked in the sweetest voice if we could make lefse together. His Grandma Belle was famous for it and he grew up having this Norweigan potato tortilla-like treat at holidays and family gatherings. I've been warned by my MIL and others who have made it that it is very time consuming, and will "destroy" your kitchen. I listened to their cautions but of course figured Kirk and I could keep things under control. Nope. There is only one way to make lefse and it is messy! After dusting the entire kitchen with flour, setting off the smoke alarm, and building up piles of browned flour at the edges of the stove, we ended up with several stacks of heavenly lefse. We did it! I'm so happy to have this recipe in the family and hope to continue the tradition!

1 comment:

  1. You're so brave :) I've only made it in FIL and MIL's kitchens....never my own :)

    ReplyDelete